Palak Paneer Kathi Roll
Servings - 2 - 3
Water - 500 milliliters
Spinach - 80 grams
Green chili - 1/2 teaspoon
Wheat flour - 200 grams
Cumin - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Water - 80 milliliters
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Oil - 20 milliliters
Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Green chili - 1 teaspoon
Tomato - 85 grams
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Red chili - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
Water - 50 milliliters
Crumbled paneer - 250 grams
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
Ghee - for brushing
Onions - to taste
Chaat masala - to taste
1. Heat 500 milliliters water in a pan, add 80 grams spinach and stir well.
2. Bring it to a boil.
3. Remove it from heat and strain the spinach.
4. Transfer the spinach into a bowl filled with cold water.
5. Mix it well and remove it from bowl.
6. Transfer this into a blender, add 1/2 teaspoon green chili and blend it into a smooth puree. Keep aside.
7. In a mixing bowl, add 200 grams wheat flour, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, blended spinach puree, 80 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
8. Add 2 teaspoons oil and tuck the dough well.
9. Rest the dough for 20 - 25 minutes.
10. Heat 20 milliliters oil in a pan, add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon ginger paste, 1 teaspoon garlic paste, 1 teaspoon green chili and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
11. Then, add 85 grams tomato and saute until it turns soft and pulpy.
12. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
13. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red chili, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well.
14. Add 50 milliliters water and stir well.
15. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on medium heat.
16. Now, add 250 grams crumbled paneer and mix it well.
17. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
18. Add 2 tablespoons coriander and mix it well.
19. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
20. Take a ball from dough and dust it with wheat flour.
21. Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
22. Place it on a hot tawa and cook on moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Flip it gently.
23. Brush it with ghee and flip it gently.
24. Also brush the other side of the roti with ghee.
25. Cook on moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
26. Remove it from heat and place it on a wooden board.
27. Add the prepared paneer mixture on it.
28. Top with onions.
29. Sprinkle chaat masala on top of it.
30. Roll it tightly and prick a toothpick in it.