Rainbow Hummus Sandwich
Servings - 2 - 3
Chickpeas - 300 grams
Water - 2.5 litres, divided
Sesame seeds - 30 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Olive oil - 45 milliliters, divided
Garlic cloves - 7
Lemon juice - 40 milliliters
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Cucumber slices - to taste
Sweet corns - to taste
Bell pepper - to taste
Carrots - to taste
Tomato slices- to taste
Purple cabbage - to taste
1. In a bowl, add 300 grams chickpeas, 1 litre water and soak for 5 - 6 hours.
2. Take a pressure cooker, add 1.5 litres water, soaked chickpeas and cover it with lid.
3. Cook until you hear 3 - 4 whistles.
4. Open the lid and remove it from heat.
5. Take a pan, add 30 grams sesame seeds and dry roast for 2 - 3 minutes on medium heat or until it turns golden brown in color.
6. Transfer this into a blender, add 1 teaspoon salt, 15 milliliters olive oil and blend it into a paste.
7. In a another blender, add the boiled chickpeas, 30 milliliters olive oil, 7 garlic cloves, 40 milliliters lemon juice, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, prepared tahini sauce and blend well. Keep aside.
8. Take a bread slice and place it on a hot tawa.
9. Cook on moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes and flip it gently.
10. Cook until it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
11. Remove it from heat and place it on a board.
12. Add the prepared hummus on it and spread it evenly.
13. Add the cucumber slices on it.
14. Then, add some sweet corns, bell pepper, carrots, tomato slices and purple cabbage on it.
15. Cover it with another slice of bread.
16. Cut it into half.