Sabudana Thali Peeth
Servings - 2 - 3
Sabudana - 200 grams
Water - 1 litre
Peanuts - 50 grams
Boiled potatoes - 300 grams
Chestnut flour - 125 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Ginger - 1 tablespoon
Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 10 - 12
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
Oil - for shallow frying
1. In a bowl, add 200 grams sabudana, 1 litre water and soak for 4 hours.
2. Take a pan, add 50 grams peanuts and dry roast for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Remove it from heat and transfer this into a blender.
4. Blend it into a fine powder.
5. In a mixing bowl, add soaked sabudana, 300 grams boiled potatoes, blended peanuts, 125 grams chestnut flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black salt, 1 tablespoon green chili, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 10 - 12 curry leaves, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons coriander and mix it well.
6. Mash the mixture with the help of your hands.
7. Take a butter paper and brush it with oil.
8. Add some mixture on it and flat it with the help of your fingers.
9. Make a hole in the center.
10. Place it on a hot tawa and add some oil in the center.
11. Cook on moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes and flip it gently.
12. Cook until it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
13. Remove it from heat.
14. Serve hot with green chutney or curd.