Servings - 2 - 3
Gram flour - 200 grams
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green chili - 1 teaspoon
Onions - 180 grams
Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Water - 200 milliliters
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
Pearl millet flour - 250 grams
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Water - 220 milliliters
Oil - for brushing
Coriander - for garnishing
1. Take a pan, add 200 grams gram flour and dry roast for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat or until it turns dark brown in color.
2. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet, add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds, 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Then, add 1 teaspoon green chili, 180 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
5. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and stir well.
6. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili and mix it well.
7. Now, add the roasted gram flour and mix it well.
8. Add 200 milliliters water little by little and mix it well.
9. Cover it with lid and cook for 7 - 10 minutes on medium heat.
10. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
11. Add 2 tablespoons coriander and mix it well.
12. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
13. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
14. In a mixing bowl, add 250 grams pearl millet flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 220 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
15. Take a ball from dough and flatten it with the help of your fingers.
16. Place it on a hot tawa and cook on moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
17. Flip it gently.
18. Brush it with oil.
19. Flip it again.
20. Brush the other side too.
21. Cook until it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
22. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
23. Add the prepared zunka in a serving dish.
24. Garnish with coriander.
25. Serve with prepared bhakri.