Cheesy Chicken Drumstick
Servings - 2 - 3
Chicken drumsticks - 1 kilogram
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Olive oil - 30 milliliters
Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Dried rosemary - 1 teaspoon
White wine - 110 milliliters
Chicken stock - 240 milliliters
Boiled mashed potatoes - 350 grams
Mozzarella cheese - 100 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cayenne pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Mozzarella cheese - 70 grams
All purpose flour - for coating
Beaten eggs - for coating
Bread crumbs - for coating
Oil - for frying
1. Place the chicken drumstick on a cutting board and cut flesh from the top of the joint. Scrape down the flesh to the bottom of the drumstick using a sharp knife such that the bone is clean and you have a perfect chicken lollipop. Repeat with all the drumsticks.
2. Transfer this into a mixing bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and mix it well.
3. Marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Heat 30 milliliters olive oil in a skillet, add the marinated chicken in it and mix it well.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
6. Add 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary and mix it well.
7. Then, add 110 milliliters white wine and mix it again.
8. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
9. Now, add 240 milliliters chicken stock and mix it well.
10. Bring it to a boil.
11. Cover it with lid and cook for about 45 minutes on medium heat.
12. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
13. Remove it from heat and place it on a board.
14. Shred the chicken properly from bone.
15. Transfer this into a mixing bowl, add 350 grams boiled mashed potatoes, 100 grams mozzarella cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder and mix it well.
16. Take some mixture in your hand and flatten it with the help of your fingers.
17. Place the chicken bone on it and add some mozzarella cheese on top of it.
18. Cover it completely around the bone to make a lollipop.
19. Coat it with all purpose flour completely.
20. Dip it in beaten eggs and then roll it in bread crumbs properly.
21. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these until golden brown and crispy.
22. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
23. Serve hot.