Servings - 2 - 3
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Onions - 100 grams
Tomato puree - 800 milliliters
Crushed tomato - 490 grams
Tomato paste - 80 grams
Green chili - 1 teaspoon
Parsley - 2 tablespoons
Water - 200 milliliters
Bay leaf - 1
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Black pepper - to taste
All purpose flour - for coating
Egg mixture - for coating
Bread crumbs - for coating
Olive oil - for frying
Coriander - for garnishing
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy skillet, add 1 tablespoon garlic and stir well.
2. Then, add 100 grams onions and fry till translucent.
3. Now, add 800 milliliters tomato puree, 490 grams crushed tomato, 80 grams tomato paste and mix it well.
4. Bring it to a boil.
5. Add 1 teaspoon green chili, 2 tablespoons parsley and mix it well.
6. Then, add 200 milliliters water, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and mix it well.
7. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
8. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
9. On a cutting board, place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound until about ½ inch (1 cm) thick with a meat mallet.
10. Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle salt and black pepper on it.
11. Add this into all purpose flour and coat it completely.
12. Then, dip it in egg mixture and coat it with bread crumbs mixture properly.
13. Heat some olive oil in a pan, add the chicken breast on it.
14. Cook on moderate heat for 3 - 5 minutes and flip it gently.
15. Cook until it turns golden brown in color from all sides.
16. Remove it from heat and place it on a baking tray.
17. Add some prepared sauce on it.
18. Top with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
19. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
20. Remove it from oven.
21. Garnish with coriander.