Lamb Momos with Sweet Chili Sauce
Serving - 2 - 3
All purpose flour - 300 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - 2 teaspoon
Water - 160 milliliters
Minced lamb - 670 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
Garam masala - 1 tablespoon
Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
Soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
Green chili sauce - 1 tablespoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons
(For Sweet Chili Sauce)
Red chili - 10
Water - 80 milliliters
Garlic cloves - 2 tablespoons
Vinegar - 50 milliliters
Sugar - 80 grams
Corn flour - 1 tablespoon
Water - 30 milliliters
Spring onions - for garnish
1. In a mixing bowl, add 300 grams all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon oil, 160 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
2. Rest the dough for 25-30 minutes.
3. In mixing bowl, add 670 grams minced lamb, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon red chili, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon green chili sauce and mix it well.
4. Marinate for 10 minutes.
5. In pan, add 2 tablespoons oil, add marinated mixture and stir it well for 5-7 minutes.
6. Cover with lid and cook it for 10 minutes.
7. Open lid and stir it well.
8. Again cover with lid and cook it for another 10-12 minutes.
9. Open lid again and stir it well.
10. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
11. Take a ball from dough and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
12. Add some prepared mixture on top of it.
13. Shape it into momos.(See Video)
14.Place the momos in a steamer and steam for 8-10 minutes.
15. Remove it from the steamer.
16. In small bowl, add 10 dry red chilis, water 80 milliliters and Soak for 2 hours.
17. Now add in the soaked dry red chilis, 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, and transfer to the blender.
18. Blend it into a smooth paste.
19. In small pan, add 2 tablespoons blended mixture, 50 milliliters vinegar and mix it with help of whisk.
20. Now add 80 grams sugar, mix it well again.
21. Add 1 tablespoon corn flour and 30 milliliters water mixture in it.
22. Pour into small serving bowl.
23.Remove momos from the steamer.
24. Garnish with spring onions.
25. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.