Servings - 2 - 3
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Butter - 30 milliliters
Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Onions - 100 grams
Mushrooms - 60 grams
Arborio rice - 350 grams
Hot water - 1.5 litres
Black salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Dry parsley - 2 teaspoons
All purpose flour - 4 tablespoons
Water - 150 milliliters
Parmesan cheese - 80 grams
Carrots - 20 grams
Bread crumbs - 40 grams
Mixed herbs - 1 tablespoon
Bread crumbs - for coating
Oil - for frying
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil, 30 milliliters butter in a heavy skillet, add 1 tablespoon garlic and stir well.
2. Then, add 100 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
3. Now, add 60 grams mushrooms and mix it well.
4. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add 350 grams arborio rice and mix it well.
6. Then, add 1.5 litres hot water in small quantities to cook the rice properly.
7. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons black salt and mix it well.
8. Add 2 teaspoons dry parsley and mix it well.
9. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
10. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
11. In a bowl, add 4 tablespoons all purpose flour, 150 milliliters water and mix it well to make a thick batter.
12. Keep aside.
13. In a another bowl, add the cooked rice, 80 grams parmesan cheese, 20 grams carrots, 40 grams bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon mixed herbs and mix it well.
14. Take some mixture on your hands and flatten it with the help of your fingers.
15. Place a mozzarella cheese cube on it and roll it into a ball.
16. Dip it in all purpose flour mixture and roll it in bread crumbs properly.
17. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these until golden brown and crispy.
18. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
19. Serve hot.