Servings - 2 - 3
Boneless chicken - 450 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon juice - 15 milliliters
Oil - 30 milliliters, divided
Ginger - 2 teaspoons
Onions - 170 grams
Tomato - 250 grams
Oil - 10 milliliters
Cumin - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Water - 250 milliliters
Fresh cream - 35 grams
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Dry fenugreek leaves - 1 teaspoon
Coriander - 1 tablespoon
1. In a mixing bowl, add 450 grams boneless chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 15 milliliters lemon juice and mix it well.
2. Marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat 15 milliliters oil in a pan, add the marinated chicken in it and mix it well.
4. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes on medium heat or until the chicken is fully cooked.
5. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
6. Heat 15 milliliters oil in a skillet, add 2 teaspoons ginger and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
7. Then, add 170 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
8. Now, add 250 grams tomato and mix it well.
9. Saute the tomatoes for 7 - 8 minutes on medium heat or until it turns soft and pulpy.
10. Remove it from heat and allow it to cool.
11. Transfer this into a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
12. Heat 10 milliliters oil in a skillet, add 1 teaspoon cumin and stir for a minute.
13. Then, add the blended paste in it and mix it well.
14. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon cumin powder and mix it well.
15. Now, add the cooked chicken in it and give it a nice stir.
16. Add 250 milliliters water and mix it well.
17. Cover it with lid and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
18. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
19. Add 35 grams fresh cream and mix it well.
20. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves and mix it again.
21. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
22. Add 1 tablespoon coriander and mix it well.
23. Remove it from heat.
24. Garnish with coriander.
25. Serve hot.