Servings - 2 - 3
Chicken breast - 500 grams
Egg white - 1
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
All purpose flour - for coating
Oil - for frying
Orange juice - 200 milliliters
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Soy sauce - 1 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 tablespoon
Orange zest - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Corn starch - 1 teaspoon
Water - 3 tablespoons
Sesame seeds - for garnishing
Spring onions - for garnishing
1. In a mixing bowl, add 500 grams chicken breast, 1 egg white, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder and mix it well.
2. Marinate the chicken for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Roll the chicken pieces in all purpose flour and coat them well.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a skillet and deep fry these till golden brown and crispy.
5. Drain it on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
6. Heat 200 milliliters orange juice in a pan, add 3 tablespoons sugar and stir until it fully dissolved.
7. Add 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 teaspoon orange zest and mix it well.
8. Bring it to a boil and keep aside.
9. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a another pan, add 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
10. Now, add the fried chicken in it and stir well.
11. Then, add the prepared orange juice mixture in it and mix it well.
12. Take a bowl, add 1 teaspoon corn starch, 3 tablespoons water and mix it well.
13. Pour the mixture into it and mxi it well.
14. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
15. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions.
16. Serve hot with rice.