1. Take a pressure cooker, add 300 milliliters water, 800 grams water chestnut and cover it with lid.
2. Cook until you hear 1 whistle.
3. Open the lid and remove it from heat.
4. Peel the skin.
5. Take a pan, add 60 grams cashews, 35 grams melon seeds, 35 grams poppy seeds and dry roast for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat or until it turns golden brown in color.
6. Remove it from heat and transfer this into a blender.
7. Add 80 grams curd, 1 tablespoon green chili, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder and blend it into a paste.
8. Heat 35 milliliters ghee in a heavy skillet, add the boiled and peeled water chestnut in it and mix it well.
9. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
10. Add 100 grams fenugreek leaves and mix it well.
11. Then, add the blended paste and mix it well.
12. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
13. Now, add 300 milliliters water and mix it well.
14. Bring it to a boil or cook until the mixture thickens.
15. Remove it from heat.
16. Garnish with dry fenugreek leaves.
17. Serve hot.
Stir Fried Water Chestnuts
Servings - 2 - 3
Water - 300 milliliters
Water chestnut - 1 kilogram
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Paprika - 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander - 1 tablespoon