Chana Dal Paratha
Servings - 2 - 3
Wheat flour - 300 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Water - 200 milliliters
Boiled split bengal gram - 425 grams
Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
Dry mango powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Carom seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
Ghee - for brushing
1. In a mixing bowl, add 300 grams wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons oil, 200 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
2. Rest the dough for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. In a blender, add 425 grams boiled split bengal gram and blend it well.
4. Transfer this into a bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons coriander and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Take a medium size ball from the dough. (see video)
6. Roll the ball into small circle.
7. Place few tablespoons of the stuffing on the dough circle. Seal the edges completely so that the stuffing does not come out.
8. Flatten the dough circle, roll them with a roller to approximately six-inch diameter. This is now called a paratha.
9. Heat a skillet, place paratha on it and cook on moderate heat for three minutes. Turn it and pour ghee over it, spread it on paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
10. Turn it and again pour ghee on other side. Cook on low heat till golden brown.
11. Serve hot with pickle or curd.