1. Take a pressure cooker, add 1 litre water, 550 grams potatoes and cover it with lid.
2. Cook till you hear 2 whistles.
3. Remove it from heat and peel the potatoes.
4. Transfer it to a bowl and mash it with the help of a food masher.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds and stir well.
6. Then, add 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste and saute for a minute.
7. Add 1 teaspoon green chili and stir again.
8. Now, add 100 grams onions and fry till translucent.
9. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and stir well.
10. Then, add the mashed potatoes in it and mix it well.
11. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
12. Now, add 1 teaspoon salt and mix it well.
13. Add 1 tablespoon coriander and mix it again.
14. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes.
15. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
16. In a mixing bowl, add 350 grams gram flour, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon red chili, 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 250 milliliters water and mix it well to make a thick batter.
17. Take a bread slice and cut it’s all edges with the help of a knife.
18. Spread the prepared potato mixture on it.
19. Place some cheese slices on it.
20. Cover it with another bread slice.
21. Cut it into half.
22. Dip the bread slice into the batter.
23. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these till golden brown and crispy.
24. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
25. Serve hot with ketchup.