Cheesy Puff Pastry
Servings - 2 - 3
All purpose flour - 260 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Vinegar - 1/4 teaspoon
Butter - 60 milliliters
Water - 120 milliliters
Butter - 160 grams
All purpose flour - for dusting
Oil - 30 milliliters
Onions - 80 grams
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
Paneer - 300 grams
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
Mozzarella cheese - 80 grams
Milk - for brushing
1. In a mixing bowl, add 260 grams all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon vinegar, 60 milliliters butter and mix it well.
2. Add 120 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
3. Freeze the dough for 20 minutes.
4. Place the 280 grams butter between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound into a flat disc using a rolling pin and freeze for 20 minutes.
5. Take a dough ball and roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Place crumbled butter in the center and fold the two ends over and freeze for 20 minutes again. Repeat this process 3 times.
6. Heat 30 milliliters oil in a skillet, add 80 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
7. Add 1 tablespoon green chili and stir well.
8. Then, add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon turmeric and mix it well.
9. Now, add 300 grams paneer and mix it well.
10. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
11. Add 2 tablespoons coriander and mix it well.
12. Remove it from heat and transfer this into a bowl.
13. Add 80 grams mozzarella cheese and mix it well.
14. Now roll out the butter dough into a rectangle shape and cut it into squares.
15. Place some paneer stuffing in the centre.
16. Brush the sides with milk and shape it in a triangle by pinching the sides together to seal them.
17. Place it on a baking tray.
18. Brush the tops of the closed pastry with milk.
19. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.
20. Serve with ketchup.