Servings - 2 - 3
Soya beans - 300 grams
Water - 1.3 litres
Water - 50 milliliters
Soya chunks - 70 grams
Warm water - 1 litre
Water - 50 milliliters
Wheat flour - 265 grams
All purpose flour - 265 grams
Water - 1 litre
Yogurt - 300 grams
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Paprika - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Dry mango powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Lime juice - 1 tablespoon
All purpose flour - 50 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
Oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
Water - 150 milliliters
Oil - for frying
1. In a bowl, add 300 grams soya beans, 1.3 litres water and soak for overnight.
2. Transfer this into a blender, add 50 milliliters water and blend it into a paste.
3. In a another bowl, add 70 grams soya chunks, 1 litre warm water and soak for 20 minutes.
4. Transfer this into a blender, add 50 milliliters water and blend it into a paste.
5. In a mixing bowl, add 265 grams wheat flour, 265 grams all purpose flour, blended soya beans, blended soya chunks and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
6. Rest the dough for 20 minutes.
7. Tuck the dough well.
8. Take a ball from dough and dust it with flour.
9. Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
10. Cut it into strips.
11. Take a ice cream stick and roll the strip over it.
12. Take a skillet, add 1 litre water and bring it to a boil.
13. Add the prepared chaap in it and boil for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
14. Remove it from heat and drain the chaaps. Keep aside.
15. In a mixing bowl, add 300 grams yogurt, 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1 tablespoon lime juice and mix it well.
16. Add the boiled chaap in it and mix it well.
17. Marinate for 30 minutes.
18. In a bowl, add 50 grams all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes, 1/2 teaspoon oregano and mix it well.
19. Add 150 milliliters water and mix it well to make a thick batter.
20. Take the marinated chaap and dip it in prepared batter.
21. Roll it in soya granules properly.
22. Heat sufficient oil in a skillet and deep fry these until golden brown and crispy.
23. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
24. Serve hot.