Servings - 2 - 3
Split mung beans - 115 grams
Water - 250 milliliters
All purpose flour - 320 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee - 60 milliliters
Water - 150 milliliters
Ghee - 2 tablespoons
Asafoetida - 1/8 teaspoon
Cumin - 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Bengal gram flour - 2 tablespoons
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Oil - for frying
Yogurt - to taste
Tamarind chuntey - to taste
Green chutney - to taste
Boiled potatoes - to taste
Onions - to taste
Cumin powder - to taste
Red chili - to taste
Black salt - to taste
Coriander - to taste
Sev - to taste
1. In a bowl, add 115 grams split mung beans, 250 milliliters water and soak for 1 hour.
2. Transfer this into a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
3. In a mixing bowl, add 320 grams all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 60 milliliters ghee and mix it well.
4. Add 150 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
5. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a pan, add 1/8 teaspoon asafoetida, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds and stir well.
7. Then, add 1 teaspoon ginger and saute for a minute.
8. Add 2 tablespoons bengal gram flour and mix it well.
9. Now, add the blended paste in it and mix it well.
10. Cook for 7 - 10 minutes on medium heat.
11. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well.
12. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
13. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
14. Take a ball from dough and flatten it with the help you finger tips.
15. Add some prepared mixture on it.
16. Close it completely and flatten it a little bit with your palm to make kachori.
17. Heat sufficient oil in a skillet and deep fry these until it turns golden brown and crispy from all sides.
18. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
19. Place it on a serving plate.
20. Top with yogurt, tamarind chutney and green chutney.
21. Add boiled potatoes and onions on top of it.
22. Sprinkle cumin powder, red chili and black salt.
23. Garnish with coriander and sev.