Khoa Stuffed Matar Tikki
Servings - 2 - 3
Water - 500 milliliters
Green peas - 200 grams
Gram flour - 45 grams
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Cumin - 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Green chili - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Khoa - 100 grams
Green chili - 1 teaspoon
Pistachios - 1 tablespoon
Coriander - 1 tablespoon
Oil - for brushing
1. Take a pan, add 500 milliliters water, 200 grams green peas and mix it well.
2. Bring it to a boil. Boil for about 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
3. Remove it from heat and drain the green peas. Keep aside.
4. Take a another pan, add 45 grams gram flour and dry roast for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat or until it turns dark brown in color.
5. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
6. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet, add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida and stir well.
7. Add 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 1/2 teaspoon green chili and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
8. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and stir again.
9. Then, add the boiled green peas and mix it well.
10. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
11. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander and mix it well.
12. Cover it with lid and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
13. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
14. Remove it from heat and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes.
15. Transfer this into a blender and blend it into a paste. Keep aside.
16. In a bowl, add 100 grams khoa, 1 teaspoon green chili, 1 tablespoon pistachios, 1 tablespoon coriander and mix it well. Keep aside.
17. In a another bowl, add the blended green peas, roasted gram flour and mix it well.
18. Take some mixture in your hands and flatten it with the help of your fingers.
19. Add the prepared stuffing on it and shape it into a tikki.
20. Heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry this until it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
21. Remove it from heat.
22. Serve hot.