Mint Coriander Potato Paratha
Servings - 3 - 4
Potatoes - 850 grams
Water - 500 milliliters
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Wheat flour - 250 grams
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Caroms seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Water - 300 milliliters
Onions - 80 grams
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Coriander - 5 grams
Mint - 15 grams
Grated paneer - 200 grams
Ginger - 2 tablespoons
Cumin - 1 teaspoon
Carom seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon
Ghee - for brushing
1. In a pressure cooker, add 850 grams potatoes, 500 milliliters water, 1 teaspoon salt and cover it with lid.
2. Cook till you hear 4 whistles.
3. Remove it from heat.
4. Drain and peel the potatoes.
5. In a mixing bowl, add 250 grams wheat flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds and mix it well.
6. Add 300 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
7. Rest the dough for 20 minutes.
8. In a mixing bowl, add the boiled mashed potatoes, 80 grams onions, 1 tablespoon green chili, 5 grams coriander, 15 grams mint, 200 grams grated paneer, 2 tablespoons ginger, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds, 1 teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon dry mango powder and mix all the ingredients well.
9. Take a medium size ball from the dough. (see video)
10. Roll the ball into small circle.
11. Place few tablespoons of the stuffing on the dough circle. Seal the edges completely so that the stuffing does not come out.
12. Flatten the dough circle, roll them with a roller to approximately six-inch diameter. This is now called a paratha.
13. Heat a skillet, place paratha on it and cook on moderate heat for three minutes. Turn it and pour ghee over it, spread it on paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
14. Turn it and again pour ghee on other side. Cook on low heat till golden brown.
15. Serve hot with pickle or curd.