Mutton Keema Naan
Servings - 2 - 3
Dry yeast - 2 teaspoons
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Warm water - 60 milliliters
All purpose flour - 290 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Water - 110 milliliters
Oil - 2 teaspoons
(For Mutton Keema)
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Cumin - 1 teaspoon
Green chili - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Onions - 130 grams
Tomato - 120 grams
Coriander powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Mutton keema - 500 grams
Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Nigella seeds - to taste
Dry fenugreek leaves - to taste
Butter - for brushing
1. In a mixing bowl, add 2 teaspoons dry yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, 60 milliliters warm water and mix it well.
2. Rest the mixture for 10 minutes.
3. Add 290 grams all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 110 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
4. Add 2 teaspoons oil and tuck the dough well.
5. Rest the dough for 2 hours.
(For Mutton Keema)
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons green chili, 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 - 2 minutes.
2. Add 130 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
3. Then, add 120 grams tomato and saute until it turns soft and pulpy.
4. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on low heat.
5. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder and mix it well.
6. Now, add 500 grams mutton keema and mix it well.
7. Cook for 7 - 10 minutes on medium heat or until the keema is cooked through.
8. Add 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well.
9. Cook for another 5 - 7 minutes.
10. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
1. Take a ball from dough and flatten it with the help of your finger tips.
2. Now, place some prepared mutton keema stuffing on it.
3. Roll it into a ball.
4. Add some nigella seeds and dry fenugreek leaves on top of it.
5. Flatten it again with the help of your finger tips to make a naan. (See Video)
6. Place it on a hot tawa and cook for 15 - 20 seconds.
7. Remove it from tawa and place it on a baking tray.
8. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Bake for 7 - 8 minutes or until it turns golden brown in color.
9. Remove it from oven and brush it with butter.
10. Serve hot.