Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich
Servings - 2 - 3
Warm water - 270 milliliters
Yeast - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Sugar - 2 teaspoons
All purpose flour - 300 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Yogurt - 190 grams
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Gram flour - 2 tablespoons
Dry fenugreek - 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
Bell pepper - 100 grams
Onions - 45 grams
Paneer - 250 grams
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Oil - for brushing
Mayonnaise - 80 grams
Ketchup - 2 tablespoons
Chilli flakes - 1 teaspoon
Lettuce - to taste
Tomato slices - to taste
Onion slices - to taste
Cucumber slices - to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, add 270 milliliters warm water, 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast, 2 teaspoons sugar and mix it well.
2. Rest the mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Add 300 grams all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
4. Add 1 tablespoon oil and tuck the dough well.
5. Rest the dough for 2 hours.
6. In a mixing bowl, add 190 grams yogurt, 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala, 2 tablespoons gram flour, 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and mix it well.
7. Add 100 grams bell pepper, 45 grams onions, 250 grams paneer and mix it well.
8. Marinate for 30 minutes.
9. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a grill pan, add the marinated paneer on it.
10. Cook until it turns golden brown in color from all sides.
11. Remove it Fromm heat and keep aside.
12. Dust the floor with flour and place the dough on it.
13. Tuck the dough well and divide it into 3 equal parts.
14. Now, shape the dough into a long cylindrical shape like sub. (See Video)
15. Place it on baking tray and rest for 30 - 40 minutes.
16. Place the aluminium foil roll between the dough so the dough doesn’t expand much wider. (See Video)
17. Brush it with oil.
18. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
19. Remove it from oven and allow it to cool.
20. In a bowl, add 80 grams mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 teaspoon chilli flakes and mix it well.
21. Now, take the prepared sub and cut it into half.
22. Spread the prepared sauce on it.
23. Place the the lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, cucumber slices on it.
24. Add the prepared paneer on it.
25. Place the another piece of bread.