Servings - 2 - 3
Water - 1 litre
Potatoes - 800 grams
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Green chili - 1 teaspoon
Onions - 110 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
All purpose flour - 25 grams
Water - 80 milliliters
Spring roll sheets
Oil - for frying
1. Take a pressure cooker, add 1 litre water, 800 grams potatoes and cover it with lid.
2. Cook until you hear 3 whistles.
3. Open the lid and remove it from heat.
4. Drain and peel the potatoes.
5. Transfer this into a bowl and mash the potatoes properly.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon green chili and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
7. Then, add 110 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
8. Now, add the boiled mashed potatoes and mix it well.
9. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well.
10. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
11. Add 2 tablespoons coriander and mix it well.
12. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
13. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
14. In a bowl, add 25 grams all purpose flour, 80 milliliters water and mix it well to make a thick batter.
15. Take some potato mixture in your hands and roll it into a long cylindrical shape.
16. Take a spring roll sheet and place the potato mixture on it.
17. Brush the sides of spring roll sheet with all purpose flour paste.
18. Roll it tightly to make a cigar shape. (See Video)
19. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these until golden brown and crispy.
20. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
21. Serve hot.