Scrambled Paratha Paneer
Servings - 2 - 3
Wheat flour - 250 grams
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Water - 200 milliliters
Oil - for brushing
Salt - to taste
Oil - for brushing
Grated paneer - 275 grams
Chaat masala - 1 teaspoon
Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Ginger - 1 tablespoon
Onions - 190 grams
Tomato - 185 grams
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Paprika - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Grated paneer - for garnishing
1. In a mixing bowl, add 250 grams wheat flour, 1 tablespoon oil, 200 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
2. Rest the dough for 20 minutes.
3. Take a ball from dough and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
4. Brush it with oil.
5. Add some salt on it.
6. Fold it to make a square. (See Video)
7. Dust it with flour.
8. Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
9. Place it on a hot tawa and cook on moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
10. Flip it gently.
11. Brush it with oil.
12. Flip it again.
13. Brush the other side too.
14. Cook until it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
15. Remove it from heat and place it on a board.
16. Cut it into small pieces. Keep aside.
17. In a mixing bowl, add 275 grams grated paneer, 1 teaspoon chaat masala, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and mix it well.
18. Rest the mixture for 10 minutes.
19. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet, add 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
20. Then, add 190 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
21. Now, add 185 grams tomato, 1 tablespoon green chili and mix it well.
22. Saute until it turns soft and pulpy.
23. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
24. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well.
25. Then, add the paneer mixture and mix it well.
26. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
27. Now, add the paratha pieces in it and mix it well.
28. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
29. Remove it from heat.
30. Garnish with grated paneer.
31. Serve hot.