Soya Tikki Egg Roll
Servings - 2 - 3
Soya granules - 100 grams
Water - 800 milliliters
Boiled mashed potatoes - 750 grams
Garlic - 2 tablespoons
Ginger - 2 tablespoons
Onions - 180 grams
Green chili - 2 tablespoons
Curry leaves - 2 teaspoons
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder - 2 teaspoons
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Coriander - 1 tablespoon
Corn starch - 2 tablespoons
All purpose flour - 100 grams
Corn starch - 1 tablespoon
Water - 200 milliliters
Soya granules - for coating
Oil - for frying
Eggs - 2
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Curd - to taste
Tamarind chutney - to taste
1. In a bowl, add 100 grams soya granules, 800 milliliters water and soak for 20 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, add 750 grams boiled mashed potatoes, 2 tablespoons garlic, 2 tablespoons ginger, 180 grams onions, 2 tablespoons green chili, 2 teaspoons curry leaves, 2 teaspoons salt,
1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 2 teaspoons dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 tablespoon coriander, 2 tablespoons corn starch and mix all the ingredients well.
3. Add the soaked soya granules and mix it well.
4. Take some mixture in your hands and shape it into a cylindrical shape. Keep aside.
5. In a bowl, add 100 grams all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon corn starch and mix it well.
6. Add 200 milliliters water and mix it well to make a thick batter.
7. Take the prepared roll and dip it in the prepared mixture.
8. Now, roll it in the soya granules.
9. Coat the roll properly.
10. Heat sufficient oil in a deep fryer and deep fry these until golden brown and crispy.
11. Drain it on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
12. In a bowl, add 2 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper salt and mix it well.
13. Heat some oil in a pan, add the egg mixture in it.
14. Place a tortilla over it.
15. Cook on moderate heat for 2 -3 minutes and flip it gently.
16. Cook until it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
17. Remove it from heat and place it on a board.
18. Spread some curd on it.
19. Place the prepared soya roll on it.
20. Add some tamarind chutney over it.
21. Roll it tightly and prick a toothpick in it.
22. Cut it into half.