Tamarind Potato Tacos
Servings - 2 - 3
Oil - 25 milliliters
Cumin - 1 teaspoon
Nigella seeds - 1 teaspoon
Boiled potatoes - 500 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Crushed coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Tamarind pulp - 50 grams
Water - 50 milliliters
Cucumber - 180 grams
Onions - 150 grams
Tomato - 120 grams
Mayonnaise - 45 grams
Curd - 150 grams
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
All purpose flour - 200 grams
Wheat flour - 100 grams
Water - 200 milliliters
Oil - for frying
Onions - to taste
Coriander - for garnishing
1. Heat 25 milliliters oil in a skillet, add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon nigella seeds and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
2. Then, add 500 grams boiled potatoes and mix it well.
3. Now, add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well.
4. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add 50 grams tamarind pulp and mix it well.
6. Add 50 milliliters water and mix it again.
7. Cook for another 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
8. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
9. In a mixing bowl, add 180 grams cucumber, 150 grams onions, 120 grams tomato, 45 grams mayonnaise, 150 grams curd, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and mix all the ingredients well.
10. In a mixing bowl, add 200 grams all purpose flour, 100 grams wheat flour and mix it well.
11. Add 200 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
12. Rest the dough for 20 minutes.
13. Take a ball from dough and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
14. Place it on a hot tawa and cook until it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
15. Heat sufficient oil in a skillet and add the roti into it.
16. With the help of a spatula fold it into half and fry until it turns golden brown and crispy.
17. Remove it from heat and drain it on an absorbent paper.
18. Add the prepared mixture in it.
19. Then, add the prepared potatoes in it.
20. Garnish with onions and coriander.