Servings - 2 - 3
Dry yeast - 1 tablespoon
Powdered sugar - 2 teaspoons
Warm water - 110 milliliters
Whole wheat flour - 230 grams
All purpose flour - 230 grams
Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Water - 180 milliliters
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Chickpeas - 350 grams
Water - 500 milliliters
Water - 800 milliliters
Sweet corns - 350 grams
Coriander - 15 grams
Paprika - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Lemon zest - 1 teaspoon
All purpose flour - 30 grams
Oil - for shallow frying
Oil - for brushing
Ketchup - to taste
Onions slices - to taste
Tomato slices - to taste
Coriander - to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon dry yeast, 2 teaspoons powdered sugar, 110 milliliters warm water and mix it well.
2. Rest the mixture for 10 minutes.
3. Add 230 grams whole wheat flour, 230 grams all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, 180 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth
4. Add 1 tablespoon oil and tuck the dough well.
5. Rest the dough for 2 hours.
6. In a another mixing bowl, add 350 grams chickpeas, 500 milliliters water and soak for overnight.
7. Take a pot, add the soaked chickpeas, 800 milliliters water and cover it with lid.
8. Cook till you hear 3 whistles.
9. Open the lid and drain the chickpeas.
10. Transfer this into a bowl, add 350 grams sweet corns, 15 grams coriander, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 30 grams all purpose flour and grind the mixture well.
11. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, take some mixture in your hand and shape it into a patty.
12. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
13. Heat some oil in a pan and shallow the patties until it turns golden brown and crispy from all sides.
14. Remove it from heat and drain it on an absorbent paper.
15. Take out the dough from bowl and divide it into equal portions.
16. Take a portion of dough and roll it into a ball.
17. Place it on a baking tray.
18. Cover it with a cloth and rest the dough balls for 30 minutes.
19. Brush the buns with oil and garnish with sesame seeds.
20. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
21. Remove it from oven and cut the bun into half.
22. Place it on a tawa and cook on moderate for 2 - 3 minutes.
23. Remove it from heat and place it on a board.
24. Spread some ketchup on it.
25. Add onion slices and tomato slices on top of it.
26. Place the prepared patty on it.
27. Top with coriander.
28. Cover it with another piece of bun.
29. Serve hot.