Fried Apple Rings
Servings - 3 - 4
Butter milk - 400 milliliters
Egg - 1
Oil - 50 milliliters
Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
Apples - 530 grams
All purpose flour - 200 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Powdered sugar - 2 teaspoons
Oil - for frying
Powdered sugar - 70 grams
Cinnamon powder - 1 tablespoon
1. In a measuring cup, add 400 milliliters butter milk, 1 egg, 50 milliliters oil, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix it well. Keep aside.
2. Slice your apples into thin round slices, about ¼ inch thick. Cut out the cored of your apples and cut each apple slice into 2 rings using a round cookie or biscuit cutter.
3. In a mixing bowl, add 200 grams all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons powdered sugar and the prepared butter milk mixture.
4. Mix it well to make a thick batter.
5. Take a apple ring and dip it in the batter.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet. Deep fry these till they are brown and crispy. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
7. In a plate, add 70 grams powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder and mix it well.
8. Dip apple slices into cinnamon sugar mixture, and coat on both sides.