Aloo Methi Paratha
Servings - 2 - 3
Water - 900 milliliters
Potatoes - 650 grams
Wheat flour - 450 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Water - 320 milliliters
Fenugreek leaves - 30 grams
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
Onions - 80 grams
Green chili - 2 teaspoons
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Ghee - for brushing
1. Take a pressure cooker, add 900 milliliters water, 650 grams potatoes and cover it with lid.
2. Cook till you hear 3 whistles.
3. Remove it from heat.
4. Drain and peel the potatoes.
5. In a mixing bowl, add 450 grams wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon oil, 320 milliliters water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
6. Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
7. Add the boiled potatoes in a mixing bowl and mash the potatoes with the help of a food masher.
8. Add 30 grams fenugreek leaves, 2 tablespoons coriander, 80 grams onions, 2 teaspoons green chili, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala, 1 teaspoon salt and mix all the ingredients well.
9. Take a medium size ball from the dough. (see video)
10. Roll the ball into small circle.
11. Place few tablespoons of the stuffing on the dough circle. Seal the edges completely so that the stuffing does not come out.
12. Flatten the dough circle, sprinkle a little flour and roll them with a roller to approximately six-inch diameter. This is now called a paratha.
13. Heat a skillet, place paratha on it and cook on moderate heat for three minutes. Turn it and pour ghee over it, spread it on paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
14. Turn it and again pour ghee on other side. Cook on low heat till golden brown.
15. Serve hot with butter or curd.