Besan Ki Bhindi
Servings - 2 - 3
Gram flour - 150 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red Chili - 1 teaspoon
Water - 200 milliliters
Okra - 480 grams
Oil - for frying
Coriander seeds - 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
Dry red chili - 2
Black cardamom - 1 pod
Oil - 50 milliliters
Ginger - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Onions - 120 grams
Tomato - 150 grams
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 1 teaspoon
Coriander - for garnishing
1. In a bowl, add 150 grams gram flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili and mix it well.
2. Add 200 milliliters water and mix it well to make a batter.
3. Take 480 grams okra and cut it into half.
4. Dip the okra in the prepared batter and coat it completely.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these until it turns golden brown and crispy.
6. Drain it on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
7. Take a pan, add 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 2 dry red chili, 1 pod black cardamom and dry roast until it turns golden brown in color.
8. Transfer this into a mortar and crush the spices with the help of a pestle. Keep aside.
9. Heat 50 milliliters oil in a heavy skillet, add 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, 120 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
10. Then, add 150 grams tomato, 1 tablespoon green chili and saute the tomatoes until it turns soft and pulpy.
11. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
12. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili and mix it well.
13. Add 1 teaspoon turmeric and mix it again.
14. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
15. Now, add 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon curry leaves and mix it well.
16. Cook for 3 - 5. Minutes on medium heat.
17. Remove it from heat and transfer this into a blender.
18. Blend it into a smooth puree.
19. Transfer this puree into a heavy skillet and stir well.
20. Then, add the prepared masala in it and mix it well.
21. Now, add the fried okra in it and mix it well.
22. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
23. Garnish with coriander.
24. Serve hot with roti.