Bharwan Karela Aloo
Servings - 2 - 3
Bitter gourd - 600 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Cumin powder - 1 tablespoon
Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
Garam masala - 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder - 2 teaspoons
Red chili - 1 tablespoon
Dry mango powder - 1 tablespoon
Dry pomegranate - 1 teaspoon
Water - 1 litre
Oil - for frying
Oil - 25 milliliters
Potatoes - 400 grams
Onions - 250 grams
Prepared masala - 2 tablespoons
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Take 600 grams bitter gourd and scrape off the skin.
2. Make a cut on the bitter gourd and transfer this into a bowl.
3. Add 1 teaspoon salt and mix it well.
4. Rest for 30 minutes.
5. In a bowl, add 2 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon cumin powder, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 2 teaspoons turmeric powder, 1
tablespoon red chili, 1 tablespoon dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon pomegranate and mix it well.
6. Take the bitter gourd and add 1 litre water.
7. Wash the bitter gourd properly.
8. Then, dry them with the help of a cloth.
9. Stuff the prepared masala inside the bitter gourd and roll a thread on it.
10. Heat some oil in a skillet and cook until it turns dark brown in color from all sides.
11. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
12. Heat 25 milliliters oil in a heavy skillet, add 400 grams potatoes and mix it well.
13. Now, add 250 grams onions and mix it again.
14. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
15. Add 2 tablespoons prepared masala, 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix it well.
16. Cover it with lid and cook for about 10 - 12 minutes on medium heat.
17. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
18. Then, add the cooked bitter gourd in it and mix it well.
19. Again cover it with lid and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
20. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
21. Remove it from heat.
22. Serve hot.