1. In a bowl, add 200 grams split bengal gram, 400 milliliters water and soak for 2 hours.
2. Take 400 grams bitter gourd and remove it’s skin.
3. Cut the sides of the bitter gourd.
4. Then make a cut in the center.
5. Now, remove the seeds from it.
6. Cut it into pieces.
7. Transfer this into a bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix it well.
8. Rest for 30 minutes.
9. Add 700 milliliters water and wash the bitter gourd properly.
10. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a pan, add the washed bitter gourd in it and cook until it turns golden brown in color.
11. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
12. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a another pan, add 100 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
13. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
14. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet, add 1 teaspoon cumin and stir well.
15. Add 1 teaspoon green chili, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
16. Then, add 100 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
17. Now, add 135 grams tomato and saute until it turns soft and pulpy.
18. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and mix it well.
19. Add 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves and mix it again.
20. Then, add 120 milliliters water and stir well.
21. Cover it with lid and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
22. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
23. Now, add the soaked split bengal gram in it and mix it well.
24. Add 300 milliliters water and mix it again.
25. Bring it to a boil.
26. Cover it with lid and cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
27. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
28. Now, add the fried bitter gourd, fried onions and mix it well.
29. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
30. Serve hot with roti.