1. Take a pressure cooker, add 300 grams arbitrarily, 800 milliliters water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cover it with lid.
2. Cook till you hear 1 - 2 whistles.
3. Open the lid and remove it from heat.
4. Drain and Cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
5. Peel the arbi skin.
6. Take a pan, add 1/4 teaspoon black cardamom seeds, 4 pods cloves, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and dry roast for 2 - 3 minutes or until it turns golden brown in color.
7. Transfer this into a blender and blend it into a fine powder. Keep aside.
8. In a blender, add 180 grams onions, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, 2 tablespoons water and blend it into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
9. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a pan, add 100 grams onions and fry til translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
10. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
11. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a skillet, add 1/2 teaspoon cumin and stir well.
12. Then, add the blended onion paste and fry until it turns golden brown in color.
13. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and stir well.
14. Now, add 80 grams yogurt and mix it well.
15. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on low heat.
16. Add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon salt, blended spice mix and mix it well.
17. Add 250 milliliters water and stir well.
18. Now, add 1 tablespoon fried onions, fried arbi and mix it well.
19. Cover it with aluminium foil and close it with the lid.
20. Cook for 12 - 15 minutes on medium heat.
21. Remove it from heat.
22. Garnish with fried onions and coriander.
23. Serve hot with roti.