Hare Chana Ke Kebab
Servings - 2 - 3
Green chickpeas - 300 grams
Water - 1600 milliliters, divided
All purpose flour - 100 grams
Corn starch - 2 tablespoons
Water - 250 milliliters
Boiled potatoes - 620 grams
Onions - 100 grams
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
Ginger powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Chaat masala - 1 teaspoon
Bread crumbs - 50 grams
Paneer - 200 grams
Oil - for frying
Mint - 25 grams
Coriander - 25 grams
Green chili - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Sesame seeds - 50 grams
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Jaggery powder - 30 grams
1. In a mixing bowl, add 300 grams green chickpeas, 800 milliliters water and soak for 3 hours.
2. Transfer this into a pressure cooker, add 800 milliliters water and cover it with lid.
3. Cook till you hear 5 - 6 whistles.
4. Open the lid and remove it from heat.
5. Drain the chickpeas.
6. Transfer this into a blender and blend well.
7. In a bowl, add 100 grams all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons corn starch, 250 milliliters water and mix it well to make a thick batter. Keep aside.
8. In a mixing bowl, add 620 grams boiled mashed potatoes, blended mixture, 100 grams onions, 1 tablespoon green chili, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ginger powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon chaat masala, 50 grams bread crumbs, 200 grams grated paneer and mix all the ingredients well.
9. Take some mixture in your hands and shape it into a tikki.
10. In a bowl, add bread crumbs, sesame seeds and mix it well.
11. Take the tikki and dip it in prepared all purpose flour paste.
12. Then, roll it in bread crumbs and sesame seeds mixture.
13. Heat sufficient oil in a deep fryer and deep fry these until it turns golden brown and crispy.
14. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
1. In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend it into a paste.
2. Serve the kebab with prepared chutney.