1. Take 155 grams bitter melon and Peel & cut the bitter gourd in thin slices.
2. Transfer it to bowl, add 3 teaspoons salt and mix it well.
3. Rest for 30 minutes.
4. Now, Take a portion of bitter melon in your palm and squeeze between your palms. Squeeze as much as you can. This will help to remove some of the bitterness from bitter melon.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida, 100 grams onions and cook till the onion become soft.
6. Add 190 grams tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes becomes soft.
7. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red chili, 2 teaspoons coriander powder and mix well.
8. Then, add 155 grams bitter melon and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
9. Now, add 1 teaspoon sugar and mix.
10. Add 30 grams gram flour and cook the gram flour and the bitter melon both are cooked well.
11. Serve with roti.