Karele Aur Baingan Ki Sabzi
Servings - 2 - 3
Bitter gourd - 250 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Eggplant - 250 grams
Oil - 90 milliliters, divided
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
Onions - 150 grams
Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
Dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon
1. Take 250 grams bitter gourd and scrape the rough skin of it.
2. Cut it into half.
3. Now, remove the seeds from it.
4. Cut it into thick slices.
5. Transfer this into a bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and rest the bitter gourd for 30 minutes.
6. After that wash the bitter gourd with water properly. Keep aside.
7. Take 250 grams eggplants and cut it’s sides.
8. Now, cut the eggplant into medium size cubes.
9. Heat 45 milliliters oil in a pan, add 250 grams bitter gourd and fry until it turns golden brown in color. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
10. Heat 45 milliliters oil in a another pan, add 250 grams eggplants and fry until it turns golden brown in color. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
11. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet, add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
12. Then, add 150 grams onions and fry until it turns golden brown in color.
13. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and stir well.
14. Now, add the fried bitter gourd and eggplants in it and mix it well.
15. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 teaspoon dry mango powder and mix it again.
16. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
17. Serve hot with roti.