Naram Dil Kofta
Servings - 2 - 3
Cashews - 35 grams
Water - 80 milliliters
Dried cranberries - 30 grams
Dill leaves - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated paneer - 200 grams
Corn flour - for coating
Oil - for frying
Water - 60 milliliters
Butter - 35 grams
Bay leaf - 1
Cloves - 4 pods
Green cardamom - 2 pods
Garlic - 6 cloves
Ginger - 2 tablespoons
Onions - 180 grams
Tomato - 260 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Water - 300 milliliters
Fresh cream - 90 grams
Coriander - for garnishing
1. In a bowl, add 35 grams cashews, 80 milliliters water and soak for 1 hour.
2. Transfer this into a blender, add 60 milliliters water and blend it into a smooth paste.
3. Keep aside.
4. In a another bowl, add 30 grams dried cranberries, 1 teaspoon dill leaves, 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix it well.
5. Keep aside.
6. Take some grated paneer in your hands and flatten it with the help of your fingers.
7. Add some prepared stuffing in it and roll it into a ball.
8. Coat it with corn flour properly.
9. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these until it turns golden brown and crispy.
10. Drain it on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
11. Heat 35 grams butter in a skillet, add 1 bay leaf, 4 pods cloves, 2 pods green cardamom, 6 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons ginger and stir for 1 - 2 minutes.
12. Then, add 180 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
13. Now, add 260 grams tomato and saute until it turns soft and pulpy.
14. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
15. Add 1 teaspoons alt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well.
16. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
17. Remove it from heat and allow it to cool.
18. Transfer this into a blender and blend it into a paste.
19. Transfer this paste into a heavy skillet and give it a nice stir.
20. Add 300 milliliters water and mix it well.
21. Bring it to a boil.
22. Then, add 90 grams fresh cream and mix it well.
23. Add the blended cashew paste and mix it again.
24. Bring it to a boil.
25. Now, add the prepared koftas in it and mix it well.
26. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
27. Remove it from heat.
28. Garnish with fresh cream and coriander.
29. Serve hot.