Paneer Makhani Biryani
Servings - 2 - 3
Water - 2 litres
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Green cardamom - 2 pods
Cloves - 2 pods
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
Bay leaf - 1
Rice - 370 grams
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Ghee - 3 tablespoons
Paneer - 360 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Butter - 2 tablespoons
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Onions - 120 grams
Tomato puree - 250 grams
Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Red chili - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cashew paste - 2 tablespoons
Water - 250 milliliters
Fresh cream - 70 grams
Garam masala - 2 teaspoons
Coriander - 2 tablespoons
Ghee - 2 tablespoons
Milk - 60 milliliters
Saffron - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Take a pot, add 2 litres water, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 pods green cardamom, 2 pods cloves, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 370 grams washed rice, 1 teaspoon salt and stir well.
2. Bring it to a boil and cook till the rice is done.
3. Remove from heat. Drain and keep aside.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons ghee in a pan, add 360 grams paneer and stir well.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix it well.
6. Cook till it turns golden brown from all sides.
7. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
8. Heat 2 tablespoons butter, 2 teaspoons oil in a another pan, add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 1 tablespoon green chili and saute for 1 - 2 minutes.
9. Then, add 120 grams onions and fry till translucent.
10. Now, add 250 grams tomato puree and saute till it thickens. Cook for about 5 - 7 minutes.
11. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and stir well.
12. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder and mxi it well.
13. Now, add 2 tablespoons cashew paste and mix it again.
14. Then, add 250 milliliters water and mix it well.
15. Bring it to a boil.
16. Now, add the fried paneer cubes in it and mix it well.
17. Add 70 grams fresh cream, 2 teaspoons garam masala and mix it well.
18. Cook for about 5 - 7 minutes.
19. Add 2 tablespoons coriander and mix it well.
20. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
21. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a heavy pot, add the cooked rice in it.
22. Garnish with mint, coriander, roasted cashews and fried onions.
23. Add the prepared paneer gravy on top of it and spread it evenly.
24. Now again add the cooked rice, then garnish with mint, coriander, roasted cashews and fried onions.
25. Again add the prepared paneer gravy on top of it and spread it evenly.
26. Once again add the cooked rice, then garnish with mint, coriander, roasted cashews and fried onions.
27. In a bowl, add 60 milliliters milk, 1/2 teaspoon saffron and mix it well.
28. Pour this into the biryani and cover it with aluminium foil.
29. Cover it with lid and cook for about 10 - 12 minutes.
30. Garnish with mint.
31. Serve hot.