Paneer Rogan Josh
Servings - 2 - 3
Oil - 30 milliliters
Paneer - 300 grams
Yogurt - 330 grams
Fennel powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Ginger powder - 1 teaspoon
Paprika - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Green cardamom - 6 pods
Black cardamom - 2 pods
Cloves - 5 pods
Black peppercorns - 9
Cinnamon stick - 1
Dry red chili - 3
Ghee - 30 milliliters
Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
Water - 250 milliliters
Coriander - for garnishing
1. Heat 30 milliliters oil in a pan, add 300 grams paneer cubes and cook until it turns golden brown in color from all sides.
2. Remove it form heat and drain it on an absorbent paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, add 330 grams yogurt, 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel powder, 1 teaspoon ginger powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon
cumin powder and mix it well.
4. Take a pan, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 6 pods green cardamom, 2 pods black cardamom, 5 pods cloves, 9 black peppercorns, 1 cinnamon stick, 3 dry red
chili and dry roast until it turns golden brown in color.
5. Remove it from heat and transfer this into a blender and blend it into a fine powder.
6. Heat 30 milliliters ghee in a skillet, add 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida, blended mixture and mix it well.
7. Then, add the prepared yogurt mixture and mix it well.
8. Bring it to a boil.
9. Add 250 milliliters water and stir well.
10. Again bring it to a boil.
11. Cover it with lid and cook for about 7 - 10 minutes on medium heat.
12. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
13. Add the cooked paneer and mix it well.
14. Again cover it with lid and cook for about 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
15. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
16. Remove it from heat.
17. Garnish with coriander.