Sarso Ka Saag With Bajra Roti
Servings - 2 - 3
Water - 300 milliliters
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Mustard leaves - 750 grams
Fenugreek leaves - 180 grams
Spinach leaves - 220 grams
Garlic - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Ginger - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Green chili - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Maize flour - 50 grams
Ghee - 55 milliliters
Garlic - 2 tablespoons
Onions - 190 grams
Ginger - 3 tablespoons
Green chili - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Pearl millet flour - 250 grams
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Warm water - 200 milliliters
Ghee - for brushing
1. Take a pressure cooker, add 300 milliliters water, 1 teaspoon salt, 750 grams mustard leaves and mix it well.
2. Cover it with lid and cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
4. Then, add 180 grams fenugreek leaves and mix it well.
5. Now, add 220 grams spinach leaves and mix it again.
6. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, 1 1/2 tablespoons green chili and mix it well.
7. Cover it with lid and cook until you hear 5 whistles.
8. Open the lid and remove it from heat.
9. Add 50 grams maize flour and mix it well.
10. Heat 55 milliliters ghee in a heavy skillet, add 2 tablespoons garlic and stir well.
11. Then, add 190 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
12. Add 3 tablespoons ginger, 1 tablespoon green chili, 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix it well.
13. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on medium heat.
14. Now, add the cooked saag in it and mix it well.
15. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
16. In a mixing bowl, add 250 grams pearl millet flour, 1 tablespoon oil and mix it well.
17. Add 200 milliliters warm water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
18. Take a parchment paper and add some water.
19. Take a ball from dough and flatten it with the help of your fingers.
20. Place it on a hot tawa and cook on moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes and flip it gently.
21. Brush it with ghee.
22. Flip it again.
23. Brush the other side too.
24. Cook until it turns golden brown in color form both sides.
25. Add the prepared saag in a serving dish.
26. Add some ghee on top of it..
27. Serve hot with prepared bajra roti.